There are several differences between a business name and a limited liability company registration:
1. LLC are legal entities (recognised legal individuals separate from the owners) while business name is not.
2. In the case of liabilities, LLC is better than BN since the liability of the business will not cross over to the individual possessions of it owners.
3. LLC is better when entering into a partnership with people since the Memorandum and Articles of Association stipulate who owns what, etc.
4. LLC has more expansion capability than a business name.
5. Starting with a BN is good if you want to start really small and have very little capital
6. Many government agencies and big companies will prefer to award contracts to LLCs than BN You can read more details on our blog here: https://starthub.ng/blog/differences-between-a-business-name-and-a-limited-liability-company/ Kindly let us know which one you want to go with. Thanks.